Dues & Initiation Fees are as listed above plus applicable taxes.
* Membership in this category is non-voting. If these members
choose to change membership to Senior or Associate they will be
charged the initiation fee same as new membership applicants for the
Olcott Yacht Club offers three (3) categories of membership. Membership is open to anyone 18 years of age and
older. All categories of membership are considered either single or family. If the membership is a family
membership, the member of record and their partner living in a spousal type relationship, shall be entitled to a
membership card and all rights and privileges, except as limited and restricted by the provisions of the Constitution
A spousal-type relationship for the purpose of membership classification shall be defined as two people living as
man and wife under the same roof. Additional definitions per the Constitution, Article II are:
- Boat Owner – Any person who shall have a legal or equitable title to a watercraft 20 or more feet length over all based within a 50-mile radius of Olcott Yacht Club.
- Family shall be defined as one or more adults living in a spousal relationship in the same domicile and their unmarried children under the age of 21, 23 if still in school.
SENIOR membership at OYC is required for those persons who are Boat Owners or non-boat owners who choose
to apply for Senior membership.
- Senior members shall be entitled to have any rights, title or interest in and to the property and assets of the club
- Shall have one vote, weighted as (3) at all membership meetings
ASSOCIATE membership at OYC shall be those persons who are not Boat Owners.
Associate is divided into two categories based on age:
- Under 23 yrs of age
- 23 yrs of age and over
- Shall have one vote, weighted as (1) at all membership meetings
- Associates under 23 yrs of age may not hold office on the Board of Directors
NON-RESIDENT membership at OYC is a non-voting membership, may not hold position on the Board of
Directors, and shall be those persons who otherwise qualified for membership, providing that within a 50-mile
radius of the Club that person does not:
- Conduct a business or is employed.
- Reside or vacation for more than three (3) weeks during the open season of the Club.
- Or is a Boat Owner
If these members choose to change membership to Senior or Associate they will be charged the initiation
fee the same as new membership applicants for the respective category.
Olcott Yacht Club is a self-help club. Senior and Associate memberships are required to provide a total of ten (10)
member service hours per season. Hours not completed are charged at a rate of $20 per hour.
DUES are set annually for the Senior Membership and all others classifications are billed at a percentage per the
Constitution Article V, Section 2